Friday 24 April 2015

Proud to be in The Pack

Rugby World Cup 2015 has recruited thousands of volunteers to welcome match-goers to the Tournament and help with essential tasks. More than 20,000 people applied to be part of “The Pack”. Only 6,000 spaces were available.


Two local Rugby followers found out recently they have been selected to be part of The Pack. Claire and Bill are passionate about Rugby and keen to be a part of the Brighton & Hove matches in September.

Claire

“My name is Claire, I work at the University of Brighton as the Sport Participation and Experience Manager and sport plays a pivotal role in my life.

“Rugby is a sport that I took up to fulfil a dare over 13 years ago and I was quickly captivated in my first training session. Rugby is a game like no other; it evokes a spirit of teamwork and fair play at all levels. Rugby clubs create a community for its members where players and supporters look out for each other on and off the pitch.


“Learning that the Rugby World Cup was coming to England and specifically to Brighton & Hove meant putting my name in the hat with 1000’s of other Rugby fans to try and secure a role volunteering for the sport I love. An application form was filled in, an interview was attended and then the wait was on to see if I was lucky enough to be chosen.

“I’ve been offered the role of Sports Presentation Field of Play Assistant. This means I will be working in a floor management capacity, supporting the operational production team in the match venue tunnel and around the perimeter of the pitch. I can’t wait!

“The only drawback to my role is that I will no longer be able to watch the games from the stands and my tickets will be donated to Rugby friends that weren’t lucky enough to get tickets in the initial ballot.”

Bill

“I am excited and delighted to be offered a place in The Pack, only one of 1250 volunteers nationwide to be recruited from the general public.

“The next part of my journey will be two one-day training sessions where I will meet with other volunteers from all over the south of England where I can look forward to sharing our expectations and challenges for the roles we have been appointed to.


Photo credit: www.snapitnow.co.uk

“Then to the event itself in September, when, as a member of the Spectator Services Team I will be meeting, greeting and guiding fans and supporters from the competing teams by providing them with the warmest of Brighton welcomes.

“Looking forward so much to the next few months and being part of a unique experience for our city.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.